Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, September 26, 2011

Brownies and Coffee

Hello everybody! How are all of you doing? I am here, don't think I will be MIA again! :) I've been baking, cooking and baking some more! Taking pictures and everything... so yesterday I was wondering what I should make for dessert... I had just made "Pay de queso" (the Mexican version of  "cheesecake") and we loved it, but were craving some chocolate.... I had some chocolate chips in the refrigerator but didn't feel like making chocolate chip cookies and I found a great recipe that instead of cocoa powder uses chocolate chips... I wasn't sure how it would turn out but the reviews were really great... Hubby doesn't like really "fudgy gooey brownies" he likes them with that thin flaky kind of crust on top and I thought this would be it! I am glad I wasn't wrong... I think this will be "our brownies" from now on...

So... these are really Great (and very VERY easy) brownies! - Gotta love Allrecipes, don't you think???-

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch square pan.
  2. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies set up. Do not overbake! Cool in pan and cut into squares.
Can you notice where I "pushed the crust down" with my finger? flaky goodness

Enjoy them with ... a cup of coffee if you love coffee just as much as I do... or with a cup of milk if you wish! ....

And since you are already here... why don't you leave a comment... come on! don't be shy!

© Paloma King

8 comments:

OvenDelights said...

I happend to think brownies made with chocolate chips are the best! Love that flaky crust result on the top!

Paloma said...

Right??? I REALLY think I am not going to even try any more brownie recipes.

Paloma

Brownieville Girl said...

As you can imagine I'm always on the lookout for great brownie recipes - looking forward to trying these!

Paloma said...

Hi Brownieville Girl! Welcome to "The Coffee Shop" I hope to see you often! and I also hope you enjoy the brownie recipe! Thanks for commenting! :)

Paloma.

Ginny Marie said...

Hi, Paloma! You were in front of me for the SITS fall link up! I use Allrecipes all the time. ;)

Happy Friday!

Last Mom said...

Enjoying warm brownies is the only time I ever drink milk. These look easy and yummy!

Stacey Gibbon said...

It's only 830 am but now I want a brownie. thank you for sharing the recipe. Must try out :)

Maggie S. said...

The brownie looks just right. Looks like I might have to Pin It, so I can find it when it's time to bake!!!