Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thanksgiving Menu - Cranberry/Orange Relish

Hello dear friends, sorry I've just been posting and not commenting much, the life of a wife, mom (cook and baker go here too) and blogger sometimes can be hectic! You  know I love being here and I love commenting/replying! I am trying! really! I hope you still mentioned coffee somehow on any of your posts of the week to be able to link back and link up to our party on Friday! It's going to be a big party! You'll see! We'll be having a "double celebration" and you know that at least I try to always tweet the posts that link up with us!... So... keep coming back! I'll always try to have something special for you!

Today I thought I would continue with my Thanksgiving Menu that I've been sharing with you... The next item on My Menu would be mashed potatoes and gravy... I don't think I need to tell you how to make classic mashed potatoes... all I can say is that.... ehem... well... I don't make my gravy from scratch! Remember I am talking about a 'stress-free Thanksgiving Dinner' where the host/hostess can enjoy as well! so ... if you feel there's something you'd rather just buy already made, go ahead and buy it!' I do prefer things from scratch.... all I am saying is that if there is something, anything, that would cause you to stress out... don't do that... like Beth Moore would say: "Do what blesses, not what burdens"!

So... the next item on my menu is a delicious, really delicious Cranberry/Orange Relish... we prefer that to the cranberry jelly ... but it's your choice! I hope you do try it! It's really yummy and super easy to make! I got this recipe from Auntie Sally (Hubby's aunt) and I am happy to share it with you (just her sugar cookies recipes I am not allowed to disclose )

From left to right: Auntie Janet, Grandma Shirley, Auntie Amy, Auntie Sally.

*Auntie Sally's Cranberry - Orange relish*
 
I don't even know why I've never actually taken a good picture of this deliciousness! But this relish is the one in the center there!

Yummy stuff!
 
Ingredients: 
(Yield: about 3 1/2 cups, plenty for many!)
4 cups fresh cranberries
1 orange (peel and pulp)
2 cups of sugar

Directions:
Finely chop 4 cups cranberries and 1 orange (peel and pulp) in food chopper or processor.  
Stir in 2 cups sugar.  Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours (overnight is better).


Enjoy!


© Paloma K.

No comments: